Register
23 June 2019

Salvaged bricks form part of north stand

Historic bricks that were salvaged from the Brentford Community Stadium site more than two years ago have now been put to good use. When the site was cleared before commencement of works to build the new stadium, bricks were taken from an old stable block. They are now forming part of a wall on the north stand of the stadium.

An old stable block had to be demolished in 2017 to allow for preparation work to begin. The stable block was constructed around 1870, during a time when horses played a vital role in the railways to transport goods and supplies to and from stations. The Brentford Community Stadium project agreed to salvage bricks from the stable block as part of its commitments to the London Borough of Hounslow. Those bricks were cleaned and are now a reminder of the stable in the north stand.

Brentford FC will be moving to its new stadium at the end of the 2019/20 season and a Golden Bolt ceremony was held at the end of last month when the last steel beam was bolted into place – signifying that the build is structurally complete. The 17,250-seater stadium and associated development commenced in Quarter Two of 2018 with the Club’s development partner – and new principal partner – EcoWorld London, and its stadium principal contractor Buckingham Construction Group Limited. The Brentford Community Stadium development is an important part of the wider regeneration of the area known as Brentford East. It will deliver a stadium together with more than 900 new homes, a new purpose-built location for Brentford FC Community Sports Trust, and a public square with shops and cafes.

All news